Wednesday 28 March 2018

Holy Week 2018 is here!


As was said today at our Holy Week Prayer Service, this is the holiest week in our Church year.  This is the culmination of a lifetime of work, Jesus' work... His ministry. 

He knew…
      He knew from the time he could think rationally that the cross was his destination.  He knew he was the sacrifice, that he was the one who would willingly travel that road to Calvary, reach out his arms and give his life … for us.

Image result for the cross

What kind of courage does that take…

what kind of strength …
      what kind of Love…
It was and is…  an all encompassing, you are my person, you are my people, I give my life for you, I love you beyond compare, I know your secrets and I don’t care I love you anyway ...kind of love
In Scripture John wrote, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Bloody, beaten, and bruised he looked out onto all the world, those who mocked him, beat him, and hated him.
Yes even those who hated him.
He looked out on all those people and He...loved them.

He came and walked on this earth knowing...
...Knowing that his purpose was to love.
He spoke of love when he said
“No one has greater love than this,
to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”

He made a promise, and that’s what he did.
He climbed on that cross…
stretched out his arms...
and willingly laid down his life for us.

He knew…  He was Love.      He is Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment